By: Jim Hayes
Priority registration for sophomores planning to attend Volunteer State Community College in the spring of 2019 began Monday, Nov. 5.
Returning freshmen will be able to begin register Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Priority registration lasts through Nov. 19 for all returning students. After that new students and readmitted students will be allowed to register for the semester.
Registration will take place on the My Vol State web page, the school’s computer registration system.
Prior to registering, students should log ono their DegreeWorks page available from the My Vol State link at www.volstate.edu. That page will indicate classes to be taken or the student’s major and how many hours the student has earned.
A postcard to be mailed out to all eligible students this week recommends discussing class options with the student advisor. It also recommends visiting the business office to find out fee due dates.
Students failing to pay fees by the due date will be dropped from their classes and will have to re-register.
Here are the registration instructions for all returning Vol State Students:
- Go to My VolState.
- Click the Pride Online tab.
- Click “Add or Drop Classes” at the top of the center column and follow the prompts.
- Once a schedule has been selected from the options given, click “Send to Cart” at the top of the view schedule screen.
- After the courses have been sent to the registration cart, click “register” to complete the registration process.
- Check the class schedule to make sure the correct class has been registered for the correct classes by following the Concise Student Schedule link on the Pride Online tab.
- After registering, click on “Account Summary” to review the the bill and statement of fees. Fees can be paid online by VISA, VISA Check Card or MasterCard.
- When the transactions have completed, log out of My VolState.